Monday, July 20, 2009

Silence

Sometimes I just wish I could be quiet. I get sick of hearing myself talk. I mean, I don't talk near as much as some people, but it just seems like to be silent for a whole day or maybe a whole week would be a sort of cleansing thing. The mystics and the monks must be onto something. I've heard it said that when a man speaks, he ceases to be at peace with his thoughts.

I get into these modes where it just seems there is nothing to say. Instead of trying to fill up the air with meaningless words, maybe I should just listen - to others, to God, and then not feel the need to respond verbally. The world would probably be a better place. I don't always have to say something.

1 comment:

  1. I very much like the picture of the head with fingers up to the mouth to say shh. I am interested in using it on a poster to promote a play I am directing. Is it your picture? If so, I would like to give you more details and ask for your permission. Can you email me?

    ReplyDelete